motus.cars – simply click and add to car(t)
- December 01, 2020
If you haven’t heard of motus.cars then listen up, because this is where you’ll be looking to get your next wheels.
The automotive group, Motus have launched their very own online brand in the form of a URL – motus.cars.
I’m getting ahead of myself… let’s start at the beginning.
Who is Motus Holdings?
The Motus story dates back to 1948 with the opening of a service station in downtown Johannesburg. This simple and effective service station grew to become what we now know as Imperial Holdings. Two years ago in 2018, Imperial Holdings unbundled into its two main businesses: Imperial Logistics and Motus Holdings. But wait… there’s more…Motus Holdings looks after all the automotive related entities and so the trusted household name of Imperial slowly but surely changed over to Motus and in this time also sprouted motus.cars.
And what is motus.cars?
In simple terms, it’s an online warehouse where you and I can easily peruse the most recognised car brands. Not only are you able to check out new cars, motus.cars also lists dealer-certified used and demos too.
With the motus.cars platform, you and I are spoilt for choice because we can search and find either new or used cars, but also bikes and trucks. Mmm – I’ll soon be working towards my bike licence…
According to motus.cars: “The offerings on the site cover every car-related requirement South African car shoppers and car enthusiasts may have. Being an aggregator of an automotive retail group, motus.cars offers several tools and functionalities on the site which differentiate it from other car aggregator sites, making it the one-stop shop for “everything cars”. All you need to do is ‘click’!”
Us South Africans have always accepted, especially in the second-hand car market, that if you’re not buying from a dealer, you bought the car in agreement of voetstoots: you bought it as is and if there’s something wrong with it then that is now your problem. It’s a dressed up word for the ominous phrase ‘at the buyer’s risk’. In simpler terms: “no backsies!”. This can be a cause for concern because you’re buying a car and then the proverbial poop hits the fan…
motus.cars offers a safe and trusted place to shop for your next car. All used cars are 100% Motus-owned and we have peace of mind. There’s even a guarantee that the car was not stolen or rebuilt (I ask myself sometimes, where do we live?). The risk of being caught in an online car buying scam is completely alleviated.
All cars are sold by franchise dealers with approved workshops and you can also use your old car as a trade-in.
What does Motus have to say?
“We are extremely excited about the launch of motus.cars, which truly is the culmination of the re-branding roll-out of Motus Holdings. ” said Corné Venter, CEO: Motus Retail & Rental SA Division.
“motus.cars is not only an industry-first in so many ways, but also the first true online brand in our company. We really love our catchy new brand and trust that South African car shoppers will enjoy the online experience now available to them,” he adds. “As consumers are spending increasingly more time online there is no better time to launch motus.cars, the one-stop website for everything cars.”
But let’s round this up into a list:
- The ultimate user-friendly online car shopping experience
- Car buyers have the opportunity to shop new cars from 25 of the most recognisable major car brands on one portal
- A selection of over 10,000 demo and used cars, all of them guaranteed not stolen or rebuilt
- Access to monthly promotions across different brands, all in one place
- The ability to browse through all the priced-to-go vehicles from 246 dealership
- The ability to compare cars across all available brands
- Even more conveniently, the website offers the ability to compare cars across new, used and demo categories
- The ability to apply for finance online, with a helpful vehicle finance calculator
- A cost of vehicle ownership calculator
- Comprehensive first-time buyer assistance, tips, and tools
- 13 different search filters which allow car shoppers to refine their searches by e.g. province, colour, transmission, fuel type, and even down to specific vehicle features
- The ability to add cars to your favourites, making browsing so much easier
- Four different contact methods allowing shoppers to enquire about a car via an enquiry form, a phone call, WhatsApp chat or even a please-call-me request
- Getting assistance from a real live chat agent
- Booking a service online at any of the Motus franchised dealers nationwide
- Automotive news, new car reviews, used car road tests, motorist tips and hacks, all from independent experts
- The use of website features and elements that consumers have become accustomed to in their daily online activities, such as a static mobi quick-link navigation bar at the bottom of the screen
For more you can visit motus.cars or checkout their Facebook and YouTube and Twitter pages – maybe say hi! #MotusShowOnTheRoad #MotusCars