A little over a year ago Fitbit released its latest Charge and now Fitbit has released the next generation of the Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Versa 2.
The standard edition (R3 999) and the special edition (R4 999) will be available at Cape Union Mart, Dion Wired, Dischem, eBucks, FNB, Incredible Connection, Takealot, Sportsmans Warehouse, Makro, Totalsports and Superbalist by the end of the month, maybe the beginning of November.
Not only is there a new precision-crafted swimproof design, the Fitbit Versa 2 also features clever sleep features like Sleep Score and Smart Wake, and has so many more advanced health, fitness and smart features.
Something “handy” on the Versa 2 is the on-device microphone – it allows voice to text (Android phones only), lets the Spotify app control music and podcasts, and Fitbit Pay.
The Versa 2 promises fast performance, thousands of apps and clock faces and a brighter, crisper display with an optional always-on mode and more than five days battery life.
About Versa 2
- Sleep Score:Receive a nightly score within the Fitbit app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages.
- Smart wake: Smart wake uses machine learning to wake you during an optimal time of your sleep cycle, while in light or REM sleep, based on a pre-selected 30-minute interval, so you wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Sleep Mode: Simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting.
Added convenience and smart features to amplify your day
- Versa 2 comes with even more features to add convenience and ease to your day, like Fitbit Pay, so you can make easy and secure wallet -free payments at retailers with contactless payment functionalities.
- Fitbit is also bringing the Spotify app experience to Versa 2, allowing Spotify Premium subscribers to control music and podcasts so you can find all-day motivation directly from your wrist.
- To help simplify your life, Versa 2 offers all the essential smart features like smartphone notifications so you can view app, call, calendar and text notifications right from your wrist. If you have an Android phone, you can also use the new on-device microphone to reply to texts and notifications from the wrist.
Faster performance, elevated design
Now packed with more advanced features, Versa 2 is also powered by a faster processor compared to Versa for better performance and seamless navigation. Plus, a larger AMOLED display delivers a superior experience with boosted viewability and crisper colour, and enables an optional always-on display mode, which boasts a 2+ days battery life so you can easily check the time and see your stats during a workout without lifting your wrist or pressing a button.
Accessories designed for every occasion
To complement its enhanced design, Versa 2 offers a wide variety of new accessories for work, play and working out, all of which are compatible across the entire Versa family. Featuring new colours, materials, and styles, the lineup offers an array of options for any lifestyle or activity:
- Classic bands: Stain-resistant, comfortable, soft and waterproof, classic silicone bands are available in new colours, including black, petal, stone, midnight blue and olive.
- Sport-inspired: Designed for all types of workouts or a sportier look, the Versa family’s first sport bands are perforated for added breathability, available in navy, black, glacier, frost white and coral, in the same stain-resistant, comfortable silicone as the classic bands.
- Athleisure -centric: Woven bands made from recycled materials flaunt a reflective stripe and come in on-trend colour combinations, like charcoal with an orange stripe, pink on pink stripe, and navy on navy stripe.
- Fashionable leather and suede: Premium Horween leather perforated bands in charcoal and moss suede, add an elegance to any look, whether at the office or a night out.
Versa 2 will be available in black with a carbon case, petal with a copper rose aluminium case, emerald with a copper rose aluminium case, Bordeaux with a copper rose aluminium case and stone with a mist grey case; while the accessories will be available from select local retailers.
Expect to see the Versa 2 in stores toward the end of October, maybe the beginning November.
Fitbit Premium – a paid subscription service available on the Fitbit app. It takes your unique data and delivers Fitbit’s most personalised experience yet – actionable guidance and coaching to help achieve those health and fitness goals. Premium leverages insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data as well as academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customised programmes, advanced sleep features, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and health reports. A 90 day free trial of Fitbit Premium will be available on the Versa 2 Special Edition.
Additionally, Fitbit announced Fitbit Aria Air, an affordable Bluetooth smart scale. This will be available locally in November for a R1 099 at select retailers.